Sign up to become an UberX driver today and reach your career goals with this newfound flexibility!

Uber and UberX driver signup - Get bonus after completing qualified trips. Click here

Friday, March 04, 2016

How Bad Riders are pushing out Good Uber Drivers

Uber believes their star rating system is helping to measure drivers. It is not!

A client recently shared that a great Uber driver with a high overall score received so many bad scores from his clients. He dipped down to 4.6 and had to take a mandatory training program. This Uber driver took this client home regularly, but then disappeared for awhile. The Uber driver told his client that Uber required him to take a training class after he reached a 4.6.

What concerns us is that bad riders use this system to pressure drivers. They want their drivers to break traffic laws, such as speeding, exceeding seating capacity, and running traffic lights. Drivers decline driving clients trying to exceed seating capacity, but then receive poor ratings after completing trips. If drivers don't rush to reach a destination on time, they get hit with bad scores.

This star rating system is terrible. Lyft has used the same star rating system to deactivate many good drivers. Deactivated Lyft drivers went all-in with their investment to become ridesharing drivers. As a result of this, they experienced severe financial difficulty following deactivation.

Uber is fair to give drivers a second chance. However, their ridership are misinformed and uneducated about the impact of giving low stars. These riders are essentially hurting their drivers. Moreover, submitting low stars will eventually increase the cost of trips via surge pricing.

When demand goes up and supply goes down, surge pricing is thus activated to woo drivers in busy regions. Rating drivers low for minor issues will ultimately put bad drivers on the road and take away the very best drivers with experience. You will pay higher prices to get rides.

Uber clients are jeopardizing the system they rely on daily to travel. They think being petty will make them feel good. Think again! All riders are doing is creating a windfall of future bad drivers. Soon, rude drivers who lack experience and are never personable, will flood the roads.

In a way, Uber clients deserve this treatment. They are making this movement happen. Continue to rate your friendly, nice drivers with low stars. In time, bad Uber drivers will become the norm. If you enjoy bad service, then continue dishing out low stars.

Give that low rating. Your great Uber drivers will be expected to attend training sessions. Some drivers will likely refuse to attend these driver training sessions and just quit driving. You won't get those cool drivers anymore. Because you can't control your emotions and are having a bad day, the entire Uber platform is shifting to inexperienced drivers.

If you run late, please don't submit low stars. It is not your driver's fault you have time management problems. No, your Uber drivers can't drive 85 MPH in the rain to reach the airport. It is your mistake that you overlooked your flight time. Stop requesting your Uber drivers to exceed seating capacity. These drivers face serious tickets and possible car impounding. Don't be snorting cocaine in rides. Stop leaving open alcohol containers in Uber rides. Request your rides early to be on time.

20 percent of Uber clients are ruining it for the other 80 percent. Give out those low stars. Keep hurting your drivers for your mistakes. It sure feels good to submit a 1 star to harm a driver? Doesn't it? You punish your drivers for following the rules.

Do you know that submitting low stars can subject your drivers to a training program? If drivers refuse this training, they will be waitlisted. You complain that terrible drivers who lack experience are driving you. In a way, you created this problem with rating good drivers with low stars.

Do you ever feel bad giving low stars to a driver who opened your door? Greeted you? Talked to you nicely? Gave you water? Apparently, you don't care. You still rate these drivers with low stars.

Get used to requesting a bad driver to drive you. It will happen soon. You asked for it!